Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Quilting my rainbow Twinkle2 quilt...

There was a time when I was a decent longarmer...and I might still be one, but I just don't want to custom quilt anymore.  I'm more of a panto queen nowadays...with that in mind, I needed to quilt my rainbow Twinkle2 quilt and I considered several pantos, but the winner was a stipple panto.  Have I reached a new low?  Why would someone need a stipple panto.....???

A.  Too lazy to do stipple thinking in her head
B.  Enjoys the meandering, no stress of a panto
C.  The panto is an "interesting" stipple
D.  Quilting a stipple panto is like driving through the Alps, with twists and turns and no stops
E.  All of the above....

Yep, "E" is the correct answer.  And a lot of "A"...For anyone who longarms, I have a screen mounted on the front of the longarm and a laser and camera on the back so I can panto from the front  (see this post for info).  Very cool, and not very expensive, if I recall.  I can panto from the back, but this is so much easier because I can look down and make sure I haven't run out of thread, and that my stitches look good, and all is well...


And there is a bit of "C" also...the stipple panto is bigger than what I would have done and looks like the feet of tree frogs to me...


So maybe I'm lazy, but maybe the stipple panto is more interesting than a normal stipple....LOL....


Anyhow, that is what is going on today...I'll finish the quilting and work on the QAL stuff.  ;-)

Happy Quilting!

3 comments:

  1. I just can't see enough of this quilt. Looking forward to making one for the new grand daughter that is expected in oct. I too became tired of custom quilting. I've been quilting on my domestic all year. I think its about time to dust off the big girl and get busy on the 20+ tops waiting to be quilted. Sadly my big girl is powered by me, no computer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I don't have a computer either...I couldn't justify the expense. The LA was enough itself..jump back on it!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lovely stipple design - frog feet, too funny!

    ReplyDelete

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!