Thursday, July 23, 2015

Twinkle2 QAL coming soon!

Quilt alongs are just wonderful...an online pattern, with descriptions and pictures...so helpful.  I was playing around with some fabric and made a fun block and I thought that some of you might want to make a quilt using this block.



The quilt top looks like a bunch of slightly offset, blunt tipped stars with an on-point four patch unit in the center (like a diamond)...I thought of the song "Twinkle Twinkle little star..." and went with Twinkle2 (squared) for the title.  But I can't get the superscript to work in Blogger...darn it!


Since I'm going back to school in a month, I've got to get it done during the early part of August.  Here is the timeline I've set for myself.

July 28th:  Fabric requirements and selection tips
August 1:  Cutting the fabric:  Blocks, sashings and border
August 5:  Piecing the block centers (4 patch in a square)
August 9:  Piecing the outer block star tips and block assembly
August 13:  Attaching the sashings and cornerstones, assembling the quilt top
August 17:  Attaching the borders

I'll leave it up to you to make the backing and get it quilted.  I can set up a Flickr group for in-progress pics, or just post pics of finished tops as you get them done...

There will be a variety of sizes from a small baby quilt, to a large lap quilt.  The best part about a quilt along is that even if you don't make the quilt now, you can always come back to it later, when you have the time, or energy, or motivation...LOL.  I hope you enjoy the QAL as much as I do.... ;-)

Happy Quilting!




3 comments:

  1. Oh Yay! I love your block and know just the fabric to use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great block, will watch for the post on the QAL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Im so excited cant wait to start. HUMMM what colors do I use.

    ReplyDelete

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!