Sunday, February 20, 2011

Dad's Cabin Quilt....

I'm working on a queen-sized bed quilt for the guest room at my Dad's cabin.  I made a quilt for him (about 20 years ago) that is currently on the guest bed and I wish I had a picture....it was peaches and browns...with a light cream background, if I recall.  Some pattern I got out of an Ocean Waves book..in 1992.  I think I used some sort of puffy polyester batting and I tried (read: failed) my hand at stitching in the ditch.  Anyhow, I think it is time for a new quilt....


I'm using the leftover strips from Ryan's bed quilt and doing 100 Courthouse Steps (lazy log cabin) blocks.  I think they will finish to about 10 1/2" square...making a 100" square quilt.  If it needs to be bigger I can add some strips for the border.  But being bold and brave, I decided to tackle all 100 blocks at a time...hmmm....So I sew a bunch, then iron a bunch, then trim a bunch....etc.  ;-D


Watching some DVR'd episodes of "Justified" and trimming....that is my Sunday plan!!

3 comments:

  1. Looks good. I love Courthouse Steps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1992 does not seem like that long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quilt will look so great when it is finished.

    ReplyDelete

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!