Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Buttercup quilt class ;-)

Yesterday I taught my Buttercup quilt pattern at a local quilt shop, The Christmas Goose.  I had five students and we had a great time cutting out the blocks, then eventually sewing.  All in all, it was a good day.  This was the first quilt class I've ever taught and these ladies made it easy peasy!  Here are some pics of the finished blocks....

And here are pics of the students while they worked.  They were so diligent...it was like a final exam during Algebra!  Very serious....LOL....


They were such a nice group of ladies...it couldn't have been better!  Thanks so much for being great students!!!  I also discovered that teaching someone quilting is far more enjoyable than teaching math...who would have thought???  LOL...

I also brought my recently quilted Buttercup toddler quilt that I did in Riley Blake fabrics--Saddle Up, I believe.  Once it is bound, it will go in my Etsy shop.


The panto was Spring Garland, I believe....easy and fast!


Anyhow, that is all for today.  I'm working on a new pattern so I'll post more later this week.  Happy Quilting!

2 comments:

  1. A big thanks to you Vic. You're a natural teacher. What a wonderful pattern. I had a great time. I can hardly wait to get home and finish the quilt. Doreen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jumpy! I was a lot of fun--you gals were great. Enjoy your stay in Vegas and have fun with the rest of the Buttercup quilt ;-)

      Delete

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!