Tuesday, August 5, 2014

More EPP....flowers!!

We went out of town last week so I took along a little English Paper Piecing to do in the car...wow, it is amazing what you can get done when you focus for a few hours.  The night prior to leaving I penciled cut lines on the back of my 2.5" strips so that I could cut hexies in the car...what you see in the box is what was leftover after I basted a ton of these things! I must have cut out a few hundred fabric hexies...


Then I got basting a bunch....six of the same fabric for the outside of the flowers and one for the center.  I was making little piles and stuffing them in plastic baggies.  You can see all that I basted and some flowers that I had previously finished.... I love the basting part ;-)


I've got no idea of what I'm making.  ???  Hmmm...I just keep going.  Fun, huh??

I'm still working on the 3rd sample quilt for my fat quarter log cabin quilt.  I'll show a block pick tomorrow when I get one done.  My son has been out of town at a Student Council retreat so I've been slacking on my sewing (we typically watch some Sci Fi  TV and I sew like a mad woman--right now I'm lost without him!).  But I'll try to focus tomorrow....

Boo hoo...two weeks until teachers return to school in Las Vegas.  ;-(  Big weepy tears....

But only 1,039 days until retirement :-)

Happy Quilting!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, those hexies are beautiful! I pieced a queen size grandmothers flower garden mostly on our car rides to FL. Every time we went I was just sewing along! It,s still not finished though :) It's so funny you count down until retirement, it's nice you only have about 3 years left :))

    ReplyDelete

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!