Monday, July 18, 2016

Steph Don't Read....Awesome Stuff!!!

**STEPH, look away....Don't peek...

I'm putting in a picture of some Amy Butler Soul Blossoms fabric that I pulled for my next pattern.  Though I've made it two other times, I still think I want a different cover quilt...And this pic takes up space so Steph can LOOK AWAY and not have the surprise spoiled...


I mentioned that I've been working on some stuff for a friend's baby shower.  She went with the Fawn fabric collection from Hawthorne Threads.  Steph is into modern quilts so I made her a triangle baby quilt--and had enough leftover fabric for an adorable pillow.  But I'm confessing that I stole the idea for the pillow from Hawthorne Threads and tried to copy it exactly.... This is my version...


Having never sewed with pom pom balls, it made for an interesting morning.  And I've only made one other pillow before (for Maria), so it's a wonder it turned out at all.  LOL....But I love it!

I quilted the quilt with a new panto called Blooming Love by Irene Steele from Quilts Complete.  I love how the word "love" is quilted right into the quilt top.  Steph will adore it.... ;-)


Here is an up close shot...


And the "love".... so sweet!


Anyhow, that is all for now.  We are in the middle of renovating my son's bathroom so everything is messsy and out of whack.  But it should be done soon--no worries.  And remember, the blog will move to LogCabinQuiltery.blogspot.com on August 1st!!  Tune in for more quilty stuff!

Happy Quilting!

1 comment:

  1. pillow looks great liking those pom poms. Triangle quilt lovely the fabrics so delicate and beautiful and the quilting design looks great

    ReplyDelete

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!