Thursday, July 9, 2015

Quilter's Block....

So I'm usually rolling along, a million quilty ideas in my head, and not enough time to get it all done...but not lately.  I've had a bad case of "quilter's block"...the inability to find the right fabrics or get the motivation to get anything done.  But it is the "right fabrics" part that I find so disturbing...

In the last few years I've taken to writing quilt patterns.  It is fascinating to see what you can make from a jelly roll, or fat quarter, etc.  I love scrappy quilts and precuts help achieve a scrappy look without spending a ton of money and grossly enlarging my fabric stash.

With that in mind, I have a binder full of quilt ideas, sketches, quilty math, etc.  I first make a small baby quilt to make sure that everything works out OK.  I don't fret over the colors because it is just a trial run.  But then I need to make another version, possibly a pattern cover quilt, and that is where I've fallen down lately...do I make what I want, or what will sell the pattern, or something gender neutral, or something flowery (my preference)....what about solids??  OMG...never ending decisions.

Lately I've become nervous over making an ugly quilt--this happened on the last one.  Here is a preview of the next quilt pattern...super cute, done in Pam Kitty fabric I had stashed a few years ago....



But then I tried to make it in a cute, beachy fabric and I ended up with muddied blocks... total crap.  No the fabric's fault, just not the right fabric for the block... darn it!


Anyhow, I'm finishing up this pattern and working on another--if I can only settle on my fabric choices.  Maybe I have a combo, or a hot mess, who knows??

Happy Quilting!


2 comments:

  1. I would love the Pam Kitty Block pattern! πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!