Saturday, October 3, 2015

I'm a Procrastinator....

Yep, I waited until the last minute to finish piecing this Band auction quilt...I finished piecing on Friday night and got it loaded and quilted it this morning.  I have to turn it in to the head of the auction on Monday...


The saddest part of this story is that I knew I had to do it for a year and I had all summer to get it done.  There is another part (the kitchen painting project) that I'll save for another post--maybe that will be a good excuse for why this is so late.

An up-close shot--quilted with the froggy hand looking panto knows as Classic Stipple...LOL....made entirely from recycled shirts.  I like to call them "vintage plaids" so as not to offend the sensitive people who don't want to wrap up in someone else's old clothing...hahahaha....


I'm off to bind this masterpiece...or delegate the binding to Rebecca ;-)  Yep, that's the plan...and re-watch Whiplash (a great band movie with Schillinger from OZ back to his old tricks)....

Happy Quilting!



3 comments:

  1. some colourful shirts here, love the quilting. How I wish I could quilt have so many flimsies ready but the quilting is such a struggle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS Quilt!!! Love the vintage idea...lol But I wouldn't mind hearing old clothes! giggle... You did AWESOME job! Have a great (& relaxing!) Sunday!! Your have been soooo busy! well deserved reast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you are supporting the band! TOO funny about the "vintage plaids" because you are SO right... some people have issues with pre-worn clothing. Me? Not so much!! LOVE consignment shops and thrift stores!!

    ReplyDelete

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!