Friday, November 27, 2015

Chalk Paint Kitchen FINISHED!

We've been slowly repainting our old oak kitchen cabinets in Annie Sloan Old Ochre.  We did a bit of distressing and applied two coats of clear wax.  Here is a before shot, and some after pics...






We are also repainting the cabinets in the adjacent laundry room.  We figure the total cost of this project, close to 50 drawers and cabinet doors, including paint and new hardware, was around $500.  A win for our family!!  This has been keeping me from sewing the last two months...

Happy Holidays!

7 comments:

  1. It looks great. Hope you get some sewing time now. Enjoy the newly painted kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is fabulous !!!! Looks amazing... good work

    ReplyDelete
  3. envious of your beautiful large kitchen your hard work has really paid off lovely. Nice worktops too

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a beautiful space. Isn't it nice how paint can make such a big difference in your home? I painted my kitchen cabinets too, and it makes my tiny kitchen look much bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your new cabinets! This is what I want to do to my cupboards too! How is it wearing up to all the stress of day to day living? Love Annie Sloan paint..so I'm just wondering?
    Hope you are having a wonderful Christmas!
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just saw your painted kitchen post. That's exactly what I want to do in our kitchen and you have given me the boost I need to get it started. We have black with pink flecks granite counter tops and back splash, as well as dark tera cotta colored floor tiles and a dark cherry wood kitchen with a mix of black and stainless steel appliances. White with new hardware will surely bring up the light. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!