Saturday, March 3, 2012

I got the Granny Square bug....

I saw the Granny Squares popping up on a few blogs so I joined the I {heart} Granny! squares Flickr group for some inspiration... Awesome!!  I've been making a few from my Happy Mochi Yum Yum stash of fabric...


The directions are available here....these are made from 2.5" squares and the block trimmed
 up to the 9 1/8" indicated in the directions.  I like it....

Turns out I only need about 132 of these blocks to make a king-sized quilt for my bed. 
 I guess that I had better get sewing!!

6 comments:

  1. I love them! I'm really getting the itch to try these -but may make them with 5" squares so it only takes 9 to make a lap quilt! I don't have patience enough to make hundreds of them for one quilt.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have never guessed the finished squares were only 2". They turned out very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I might have to try some of those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed your article. More power to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's very cute and bring springy colors! I've got the pattern just need to decide on a line of fabric to use, or go totally scrappy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your granny squares. They look like big squares in your post. It will be really cool in king. Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!