Sunday, March 18, 2012

Longarm Room...

Thank God we are in a big house now!!  I got another room upstairs for my longarm.  It was adjacent to Ryan's room and all he did was store Legos in the closet and practice the baritone in there.  We painted it a nice color called "Dinner Mint" yesterday and hung some curtains and a quilt that I had in Allison's old room.  The machine is on a 12 foot frame so it should fit in the room nicely--I have 14 ft. to work with horizontally.




Picture the APQS Freedom right here.... ;-)  It has a light system so I might have to get rid of the ceiling fan.  It is a funkly midnight blue color that would have to be switched out anyhow...


Here is a pic of the machine from the ad....It is being shipped from MI and will start arriving in pieces this week!!  Dave Jones, the owner, is flying out for the drag races at the end of the month and he will set it all up for me!  He is an APQS service guy and his wife in a longarm instructor.  This machine was one they used for teaching classes and demos, I think....


Check out the fancy lights!  Awesome.... I'm very excited because my first longarm was a Millennium and I loved it--had to sell it due to divorce.  So now I'm back where I started, I guess.  ;-)  In addition to piecing pics, I'll be able to post quilting pics as well.  It has been several years since I quilted on a longarm but hopefully it won't take me long to get some skills back!!

Happy Quilting!

4 comments:

  1. It looks like a great space! New toys sure are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Did you get bliss? I love my Millie! Can't wait to see how you set up your room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A friend of mine has those lights. They make an amazing difference in the lighting in the room. You are going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting for you! Can't wait to see your creations.

    ReplyDelete

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!