Thursday, December 27, 2012

Get 'er done Wednesday!

I've really fallen behind on a lot of things in the last month.  I'd make the excuse that I've been sort of sick since Thanksgiving, or I've had too much to do at work, or issues at home, but the fact is...I don't know what happened to the time!  I lost lots of hours to online shopping and the TV...but today I started getting caught up! 

I finished Sharon's quilt for the swap tonight!  Check it out...The fabric she picked out that I needed to incorporate into the project is the binding....a Kaffe.  Lucky Sharon, I had lots of Kaffe to make a cool Kaffe color wheel!  I used the Essex linen for the background and prequilted it prior to applying the spikes on the wheel.  Then I pulled some random buttons (I was afraid to use the hot fix crystal applicator) and applied them around the wheel!  Tada....I hope she likes it!


UPDATE:  I used the "Recs" part of the Tri-Recs Rulers to make the triangle wedges...EZ Quilting by Darlene Zimmerman....



She gave me a little mini this week to hang in my sewing room....leftovers from the Bonnie and Camille challenge...cute, huh?  It is hanging in my longarm room...

And I quilted one baby quilt for Ev...two more to go!  Patty L, yours is this weekend!  I have to get my quilts quilted just to start fresh in January!  Sorry it took so long....


Anyhow, I have to get my stuff together for the LVMQG meeting tonight.  It is my last meeting as an officer and I look forward to just letting someone else figure it all out.  Also, I put my first pattern on Craftsy....Maybellene!  It is downloadable as a PDF....how cool is that??  I've always wanted to design patterns so that might be what I focus on in 2013!  Yeah!

I'll have a few more finishes in the next few days, so check back!  Happy holidays!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting the pattern out to the world! I love the color wheel and the B&C mini quilt! Can't wait to see pics of show and tell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE my mini quilt!!Thank you so much. You did a wonderful job. I have to remember the pattern on Ev's baby quilt so you can use it on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, Love, LOVE the color wheel quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!