Sunday, December 2, 2012

Micro Paisleys....

I was quilting an appliqued wallhanging for a friend of a friend and I needed a background fill to make the applique pop.  I started doing this little, really tight paisley thing and ended up having to do the whole outside border like that!!  Ack....I've never quilted that tightly before and I'm not sure I'd do it again, but it looked good on the wallhanging...



Upon closer inspection, maybe they aren't paisleys....maybe just echoed swirls??? Who knows...

Anyhow, I also quilted a little angel for her...she will finish off the details herself as I can't do faces...

 
She provided gold thread for the angel wings and I was able to get it to run on the longarm.  Whew....hope she likes them!

3 comments:

  1. Your stitching looks perfect. I may have asked this before but how do you hide the end threads?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a grat look! I love the wings! The angel is a little scary with no face, though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the way you quilted the background flat to display the applique. You're getting sooooooooo good. I know, it's all in the Bliss rails!

    ReplyDelete

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!