Sunday, February 20, 2011

Dad's Cabin Quilt....

I'm working on a queen-sized bed quilt for the guest room at my Dad's cabin.  I made a quilt for him (about 20 years ago) that is currently on the guest bed and I wish I had a picture....it was peaches and browns...with a light cream background, if I recall.  Some pattern I got out of an Ocean Waves book..in 1992.  I think I used some sort of puffy polyester batting and I tried (read: failed) my hand at stitching in the ditch.  Anyhow, I think it is time for a new quilt....


I'm using the leftover strips from Ryan's bed quilt and doing 100 Courthouse Steps (lazy log cabin) blocks.  I think they will finish to about 10 1/2" square...making a 100" square quilt.  If it needs to be bigger I can add some strips for the border.  But being bold and brave, I decided to tackle all 100 blocks at a time...hmmm....So I sew a bunch, then iron a bunch, then trim a bunch....etc.  ;-D


Watching some DVR'd episodes of "Justified" and trimming....that is my Sunday plan!!

3 comments:

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!