Monday, July 12, 2010

Messy Craft/Hobby Area

So I thought I'd show you part of my shamefully messy craft area (in most homes it would be a living room, but in mine we split it 3 ways--scrapbooking, quilting and Lego/Puzzle/Wii area).





I'll also show part of my stash...the top is mostly cut up vintage plaid shirts (100s of shirts)
Inside the cabinet are projects that are in the "Top 10" in my queue of things to do...
Off to the side is more shirting fabric, and my son's quilt that needs to be bound...and other assorted stuff--what is in all those bins???  Oh yeah, this isn't all my stash.  I have a closet full of fabric in another bedroom....I'll get to that someday, I swear.
But just so that this ends on a good note, here is a picture of the quilt used in the header for my blog.  It is a Buggy Barn log cabin.  By the way, I LOVE Buggy Barn patterns...It is all done in hot colored batiks...
So that is it for today.  I don't have much more because we were on vacation in San Francisco for the week.  I did acquire some really nice Kaffe fabrics at a little shop called Cotton and Chocolate in Thousand Oaks.  How can you go wrong at a store where they sell both quilting supplies and fabric AND chocolate???  Check it out if you are ever in the area....And also I got to shop at New Pieces--a little shop in Berkely with the largest supply of batiks I've ever seen!  Very cool....And The Quilters' Studio, also in Thousand Oaks.  I passed on all of the Goodwill and Salvation Army stores, though, so Rebecca wouldn't kill me!  LOL...

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!